Work for Us
Vacancies at WLS
Youth Education Administrator
West London Synagogue (WLS) is Britain’s oldest and foremost Reform Synagogue with an international reputation for excellence. We are a lively, active, inclusive community based in W1.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to be the Youth Education Coordinator. This is a part-time role for 25 hours per week.
The role will include providing administrative support to the Head of Education and ensuring the smooth day-to-day administration of the Religion School, Bar/Bat Mitzvah Programme and other day-to-day and special activities in the synagogue. Responsibilities will include preparing materials and room set-up for weekly Religion School classes, annual billing and registration of pupils, maintaining the school database.
The person will be a key point of contact for all enquiries re the Religion School, BM programme and all young education programmes in the synagogue
We are looking for an experienced, and preferably qualified administrator who has:
• A proven track record of managing a heavy workload, with conflicting priorities, whilst efficiently meeting deadlines.
• Excellent efficiency and attention to detail.
• Excellent IT skills including advanced Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• The capability of handling sensitive data/personal information and maintaining confidentiality.
• An interest in, and ideally experience of, working in the charity sector.
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• Be open to new ideas and processes.
• The experience of working with a Database, including accurately entering data and generating spreadsheets/mailing labels via reports. We will support you by providing (or will be willing to develop) a good knowledge of Child Safety Laws & best practice within child welfare further training if required.
• A basic knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, Judaism. We will support you by providing further training if required.
Essential Personal Qualities:
• Team working and peer co-operation skills, and both a willingness to embrace change, and join in and deliver on time any team related task.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and are good at relating to a diverse audience, with an understanding of appropriate methods of communication.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Good timekeeping and attendance record.
• Professional and presentable appearance.
• Ability to gather, analyse and report key statistical data in your area of work.
Please click here for a full job description and person specification
Salary: £16,280 per annum (£22,630 pro rata)
Hours: 25 hours per week (3.5 days per week during term time and 3 days per week in school holidays. Working pattern: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday morning during term time.
To apply: Please respond to this advert with a letter of application detailing how you meet the criteria and accompanied by your CV to email@example.com.
We would like to aim for a start as soon as possible (as early as August 2017) but will be flexible for the right candidate.
In return we offer competitive annual leave, childcare vouchers and pension.
Please note that this post is subject to:
• Two satisfactory references
• Being eligible to work in the UK
• An enhanced DBS check
WLS Religion School Teacher
WLS Religion School is looking for energetic and enthusiastic teachers for the next academic year, starting September 2017. If you’re creative, passionate about education and enjoy working with kids and teenagers, join our great team of teachers every Sunday! For more information please contact Gil at: firstname.lastname@example.org