Work for Us
Vacancies at WLS
West London Synagogue (WLS) is Britain’s oldest and foremost Reform Synagogue with an international reputation for excellence. It is a lively, active and inclusive community based in W1.
We are looking for an enthusiastic administrator to provide administrative support in the ticketing for the High Holy Day festival services. The successful candidate will support the Membership Coordinator in the administration and fee receipt of the tickets for the services.
The role will include:
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of efficient admin processes and systems including ticket issue, compiling attendee lists, filing, updating and maintaining mailing lists.
- Produce correspondence including letters and emails.
- Attend Festival planning meetings and provide updates as required.
- Assist with the day to day administration tasks relating to the ticketing for the High Holy Day Festivals
- Ensure all bookings are entered into the system accurately and the correct ticket and seat is issued to the member
- Monitor and respond to a dedicated phone line and online ticket sales, representing West London Synagogue
- Maintain accurate lists for the services
- Liaise and confirm bookings with suppliers where required
- Organise and conduct mail outs of tickets to members
- To assist the Membership Coordinator with ad hoc duties
- Attend services to assist with the set-up, delivery and issue of tickets and smooth running of services
- Taking payments over the phone and by email, transferring correct details onto the system
The successful candidate will:
- Previous administrative experience either, in employment or voluntary work, ideally in events.
- You take a methodical and organised approach to work.
- You are computer literate in Word, Excel and Outlook and have experience using databases. Powerpoint is desirable but not essential
- You have an excellent phone manner
- You will be a proactive and reliable person who can make limited resources go far with an integrated approach. You will enjoy seeing projects from the planning stages through to delivery and review.
- You are a confident and clear communicator, who is comfortable speaking to a wide range of people.
- You will have plenty of enthusiasm, creativity and initiative.
- You have excellent organisational skills.
- You have the ability to work well within the time constraints of the role and are flexible.
- You are a ‘team-player’.
- You are good at relating to people.
- You have a good sense of humour.
- An understanding of data protection regulations
- Some work during evenings and weekends will occasionally be required for which reasonable time off in lieu will be given.
- A good knowledge of Judaism is preferred but not essential.
Please click here for a full job description
Please be prepared to attend interview in the week commencing 8th August 2016
Salary: £10,958 per annum (equivalent to c£20k per annum pro rata)
Hours: part time, 20 hours per week, across 5 days
Closing date: Tuesday 9th August 2016 at 9am
To apply: Please click here to email Naomi Sword, HR Manager, with a letter of application detailing how you meet the criteria and accompanied by your CV.
We would like to aim for a start by 15 August 2016.
In return we offer competitive annual leave, childcare vouchers and pension.